Saturday 1 June 2013

Across the river

I always knew someone was waiting for me across the river,
I could see him each time I passed the river bank.
It was this weird tingling feeling which kept obsessing me day by day and moment by moment when I thought 
about it.
It was like a new world beyond the horizon of my own world and little dreams.
I wanted to know who he was and what he wanted, 
Why was he making me want him so bad,
I had various little numerous questions for him to answer,
I wanted to know,
I was curious.

One stormy day I was determined,
determined to know him and ask my questions.
I took out my boat, hopped in and started rowing across the river.
I was rowing and rowing.
There were large ripples and whirlpools all around me,
Against all odds of nature.
There was this strong force stopping me from meeting him
But it wasn't stronger than my urge to meet him.
My urge, My desire, My dream of meeting him was going to be complete and I knew however hard anyone tries,
They wouldn't be able to stop me from meeting him.

I reached the bank there was no one there,
I lost hopes, I lost every dream I had.
Suddenly my eyes were stuck to the bank where I came from, I could see him there.
No, It wasn't possible,
He was looking for me, I knew.
He was standing and looking at me.
There was this lightening, I could see his face,
Yes, I could and He wasn't a 'he' 
He was 'she'.
She resembled me.
Oh god! It was me, I could see my own self,
It couldn't be true, It cannot be possible.

But then I knew,
All this while, I was searching for my own self,
I was searching my soul,
My non-materialistic real dreams,
I was in search of myself.

And suddenly I opened my eyes with a new energy, A new hope, I woke up from a deep deep sleep.
I was dreaming.
But this wasn't a usual dream,
It was a realization, A new energy and probably what I want from my life,
To find myself.
To know myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment